When Barack Obama won the White House, gun-rights types freaked otu that he was fixing to take away their guns, like, tomorrow. They needn't have worried. The Democratic president has actually signed laws making it easier to pack weapons, whether in luggage on Amtrak trains or in national parks, earning him straight Fs from gun-control advocates. And yet, as Jon Stewart noted last night, that hasn't stopped National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre, who should by rights be thrilled with Obama, from calling the presidents gun-friendly gestures "a big fat stinking lie" – cover for his real intent, which is (of course) to destroy the Second Amendment. Needless to say, this insane conspiracy theory provides fodder for much Daily Show mirth. Watch it:
Jon Stewart on the NRA's Obama Conspiracy Theory
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- Melissa McCarthy on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See