On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart revisited the Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke controversy. (The "radio shock-blob," you'll recall, called the law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" on air after she talked up the value of contraception before a congressional panel). Limbaugh's hideous vulgarity created a problem for conservatives, who couldn't bring themselves to condone his comments, but didn't dare condemn him either. Trust the folks on Fox News to hit on a solution: Go after Bill Maher, a liberal entertainer who gets a pass from the left because he "hides behind comedy" even as he "says reprehensible things" about women. But wait: Isn't conservatives' main defense of Limbaugh that he's an entertainer? Isn't that hiding behind comedy? And anyway, Stewart points out, comedians don't "hide"; they can't. Just ask...Jon Stewart. Watch the clip:
Jon Stewart on Rush Limbaugh's 'Mouth Dump'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- 25 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Watch Martin Scorsese Impersonate Robert De Niro on 'Fallon'
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote