On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart revisited the Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke controversy. (The "radio shock-blob," you'll recall, called the law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" on air after she talked up the value of contraception before a congressional panel). Limbaugh's hideous vulgarity created a problem for conservatives, who couldn't bring themselves to condone his comments, but didn't dare condemn him either. Trust the folks on Fox News to hit on a solution: Go after Bill Maher, a liberal entertainer who gets a pass from the left because he "hides behind comedy" even as he "says reprehensible things" about women. But wait: Isn't conservatives' main defense of Limbaugh that he's an entertainer? Isn't that hiding behind comedy? And anyway, Stewart points out, comedians don't "hide"; they can't. Just ask...Jon Stewart. Watch the clip:
Jon Stewart on Rush Limbaugh's 'Mouth Dump'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- 'It's Come Back to Haunt Them': Flag Historian on the Confederate Flag
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies