On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart revisited the Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke controversy. (The "radio shock-blob," you'll recall, called the law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" on air after she talked up the value of contraception before a congressional panel). Limbaugh's hideous vulgarity created a problem for conservatives, who couldn't bring themselves to condone his comments, but didn't dare condemn him either. Trust the folks on Fox News to hit on a solution: Go after Bill Maher, a liberal entertainer who gets a pass from the left because he "hides behind comedy" even as he "says reprehensible things" about women. But wait: Isn't conservatives' main defense of Limbaugh that he's an entertainer? Isn't that hiding behind comedy? And anyway, Stewart points out, comedians don't "hide"; they can't. Just ask...Jon Stewart. Watch the clip:
Jon Stewart on Rush Limbaugh's 'Mouth Dump'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Justin Bieber Threatens to Sue Over Nude Photos
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner