On last night's Daily Show, Stewart mocked Obama's big reelection announcement ("He's not breaking up with us!"), and ran a clip from the inadvertently hilarious rollout video in which supporters make the case for four more years but come off as pretty bummed out. "How did we go from 'Yes, we can' to "Eh, whatever'?" Stewart wonders. Broken promises, perhaps? Case in point: Obama came into office promising the most open government ever. Great! But his administration has prosecuted more whistle blowers in the past two years than in the preceding 40; met with lobbyists across the street from the White House to avoid disclosing the meetings; and even kept secret a meeting where Obama won an award they got for -- transparency. "When you don't live in the White House, sunlight is the best disinfectant," says our host. "When you live in the White House, disinfectant... stings!"
VIDEO: Jon Stewart on Obama's Top Secret Transparency Award
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue