Jon Stewart was at his most caustic on last night's Daily Show, attacking Republicans for illogical attacks on President Obama's decision to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq. No matter that George W. Bush had decided on a December 31, 2011 deadline for involvement, and that Obama was sticking to his plan. Republicans like Iraq hawk John McCain are in no position to criticize the President, says Stewart: "This is like the captain of the Exxon-Valdez standing around Alaska going, 'You're scrubbing the oil off those birds all wrong.'" But then Stewart figures out what's really going on. "In like three days, Obama's taken us down from three wars to one," he says. "Are America's hawks having empty nest syndrome?" Watch the clip below.
Jon Stewart on GOP Hawks' Empty Nest Syndrome
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 'Fantastic Four' Prepare for Future in New Trailer
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- Blink-182's Tom DeLonge Defends Himself Against Bandmates' Accusations
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Lance Armstrong Talks Trash in RATM Offshoot Future User's 'Mountain Lion' Video
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Louis C.K. 'Disappoints' on 'Letterman,' Talks 'Deflategate'
- Watch Stevie Nicks Perform a Serene, Solo 'Blue Water'