On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart ran down the results of Tuesday's off-year elections. The defeat of an Ohio amendment that would have significantly reduced public workers' collective bargaining rights was hailed as a "huge victory" for unions. "This is what it's come to for organized labor," said Stewart. "A 'huge victory' means that unions will be allowed to continue to exist." Meanwhile, in Arizona, "a state so red it thinks its own name sounds a little too Mexican," voters recalled Republican Senator Russell Pearce, the man behind the state's restrictive immigration laws. "Ironically," Stewart jokes, "Pearce was beaten so badly in this election that he cracked open and candy spilled out." Watch Stewart break down the conservative losses from election night.
Jon Stewart on Conservatives' Tough Election Night
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'True Detective' Recap: Burning Down the House
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery