On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart ran down the results of Tuesday's off-year elections. The defeat of an Ohio amendment that would have significantly reduced public workers' collective bargaining rights was hailed as a "huge victory" for unions. "This is what it's come to for organized labor," said Stewart. "A 'huge victory' means that unions will be allowed to continue to exist." Meanwhile, in Arizona, "a state so red it thinks its own name sounds a little too Mexican," voters recalled Republican Senator Russell Pearce, the man behind the state's restrictive immigration laws. "Ironically," Stewart jokes, "Pearce was beaten so badly in this election that he cracked open and candy spilled out." Watch Stewart break down the conservative losses from election night.
Jon Stewart on Conservatives' Tough Election Night
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Suge Knight Sought by Police in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize