On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart ran down the results of Tuesday's off-year elections. The defeat of an Ohio amendment that would have significantly reduced public workers' collective bargaining rights was hailed as a "huge victory" for unions. "This is what it's come to for organized labor," said Stewart. "A 'huge victory' means that unions will be allowed to continue to exist." Meanwhile, in Arizona, "a state so red it thinks its own name sounds a little too Mexican," voters recalled Republican Senator Russell Pearce, the man behind the state's restrictive immigration laws. "Ironically," Stewart jokes, "Pearce was beaten so badly in this election that he cracked open and candy spilled out." Watch Stewart break down the conservative losses from election night.
Jon Stewart on Conservatives' Tough Election Night
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- Billy Corgan on Donald Trump: He's 'Running Chaos Theory'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time