Last week's jobs report was bad, bad, bad. But as Jon Stewart pointed out last night, that didn't stop Democrats from trying to "spin this turd into something positive." For instance, Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) noted that there are technically more jobs this month than last, it's just that there are also, through the magic of population growth, more people! Democratic strategist David Goodfriend argued that things aren't so bad for workers in places like Florida, Virginia, Ohio, and Iowa – essentially the "f@#k you unless you live in a swing state" strategy. And Obama campaign bigwigs David Axelrod and Stephanie Cutter took a third approach that Stewart calls the "they suck harder" argument: Sure, the job numbers are bad news for Obama, but let's change the subject to things we can blame on Bush, Congress, and Mitt Romney. Watch:
Jon Stewart: How Democrats Spin the Jobs 'Turd Into Something Positive'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Inside Scientology
- IHeartRadio Music Awards 2015's 10 Best and Worst Moments
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- 'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah: Everything You Need to Know