Last week's jobs report was bad, bad, bad. But as Jon Stewart pointed out last night, that didn't stop Democrats from trying to "spin this turd into something positive." For instance, Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) noted that there are technically more jobs this month than last, it's just that there are also, through the magic of population growth, more people! Democratic strategist David Goodfriend argued that things aren't so bad for workers in places like Florida, Virginia, Ohio, and Iowa – essentially the "f@#k you unless you live in a swing state" strategy. And Obama campaign bigwigs David Axelrod and Stephanie Cutter took a third approach that Stewart calls the "they suck harder" argument: Sure, the job numbers are bad news for Obama, but let's change the subject to things we can blame on Bush, Congress, and Mitt Romney. Watch:
Jon Stewart: How Democrats Spin the Jobs 'Turd Into Something Positive'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- Watch Kanye West Debut 'Pablo' Tracks, Rap Battle on 'SNL'
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty