In the wake of the debt-ceiling drama, rating agency Standard & Poor's dropped the United States' credit rating to AA+ from a perfect AAA. But America shouldn't worry, said Jon Stewart on last night's Daily Show, because "who's gonna listen to a company whose name means 'average' and 'below average?'" This is the ratings agency, after all, who was "crucially responsible for the financial predicament we find ourselves in now." Nonetheless, global markets plunged, and Wall Street is "flushing their money out of stocks like s**t from a caffeinated goose" and into treasuries. Watch Stewart explain the current economic crisis like only Stewart can.
Jon Stewart Downgrades Standard & Poor's
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- Kanye West Drops Non-'Pablo' Song '30 Hours,' Adds to Album Track List
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'
- Watch Henry Rollins Recall Terrifying Acid Trip Nightmare
- 15 Great Grammy Tribute Performances