In the wake of the debt-ceiling drama, rating agency Standard & Poor's dropped the United States' credit rating to AA+ from a perfect AAA. But America shouldn't worry, said Jon Stewart on last night's Daily Show, because "who's gonna listen to a company whose name means 'average' and 'below average?'" This is the ratings agency, after all, who was "crucially responsible for the financial predicament we find ourselves in now." Nonetheless, global markets plunged, and Wall Street is "flushing their money out of stocks like s**t from a caffeinated goose" and into treasuries. Watch Stewart explain the current economic crisis like only Stewart can.
Jon Stewart Downgrades Standard & Poor's
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles