In the wake of the debt-ceiling drama, rating agency Standard & Poor's dropped the United States' credit rating to AA+ from a perfect AAA. But America shouldn't worry, said Jon Stewart on last night's Daily Show, because "who's gonna listen to a company whose name means 'average' and 'below average?'" This is the ratings agency, after all, who was "crucially responsible for the financial predicament we find ourselves in now." Nonetheless, global markets plunged, and Wall Street is "flushing their money out of stocks like s**t from a caffeinated goose" and into treasuries. Watch Stewart explain the current economic crisis like only Stewart can.
Jon Stewart Downgrades Standard & Poor's
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- The Liberation of Sam Smith: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Sly Stone Awarded $5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Favorite Sam Smith Story