Herman Cain announced the suspension of his beleaguered presidential campaign on Saturday. As Jon Stewart noted on last night's Daily Show, because Cain "sensed his supporters needed something to lift their spirits," he uttered "the greatest nine words ever spoken by a presidential candidate: 'I believe these words came from the Pokemon movie…'" Yes, Cain quoted the song from the closing credits of the 2000 animated film, "the thing they play," Stewart pointed out, "to get you the f*%k out of the theater." A fittingly bizarre conclusion to a nutty campaign. With Cain out of the picture, Republicans are now "up Newt creek with a paddle." Check out the clip below.
Jon Stewart Bids Herman Cain a Very Pokemon Farewell
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See