Herman Cain announced the suspension of his beleaguered presidential campaign on Saturday. As Jon Stewart noted on last night's Daily Show, because Cain "sensed his supporters needed something to lift their spirits," he uttered "the greatest nine words ever spoken by a presidential candidate: 'I believe these words came from the Pokemon movie…'" Yes, Cain quoted the song from the closing credits of the 2000 animated film, "the thing they play," Stewart pointed out, "to get you the f*%k out of the theater." A fittingly bizarre conclusion to a nutty campaign. With Cain out of the picture, Republicans are now "up Newt creek with a paddle." Check out the clip below.
Jon Stewart Bids Herman Cain a Very Pokemon Farewell
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Slay Anything: Is Beyonce Beyond Criticism?
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar