Vice President Joe Biden steamrolled Rep. Paul Ryan in the first vice-presidential debate last night, winning 50 percent to 31 percent in a CBS poll of uncommitted voters.
From the first mention of "malarkey" – Biden's response to Ryan's critique of the administration's handling of Libya – the contest became such a laugher that the peanut gallery on Twitter began to sit back and enjoy the show.
Here are the 15 best tweets we saw:
1. Comedian Patton Oswalt's read on the candidates' early energy:
2. A former operative for Texas Governor Rick Perry takes in the GOP disaster unfolding on CNN:
3. Rolling Stone contributing editor Michael Hastings sums up the emerging consensus:
4. Game Change author John Heilemann declares this game altered:
5. Atlantic economics editor Matt O'Brien catches Ryan twisting in the wind:
6. Twitter wit "Delrayser" enjoys one of Biden's 86 interruptions.
7. Progressive reporter Robin Marty notes Biden's campaign-website overload:
8. MSNBC host Chris Hayes mocks Ryan's raging insincerity:
9. Progressive blogger Marcy Wheeler hits Ryan's false piety:
10. New York magazine's Dan Amira suggests Obama should channel his inner A-Rod:
11. The New Yorker's Ben Greenman addressess the grin:
12. Obama campaign spokesperson Ben LaBolt does a little victory dance:
13. Foreign Policy editor Blake Hounshell hits the GOP's childishness:
14. Former Clinton adviser Dick Morris actually gets it right, for once:
15. Karl "Turd Blossom" Rove has a sad:
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus