By one count, about a fifth of Americans incorrectly believe Barack Obama is a Muslim. (He is a Christian.) That's messed up. Know what's more messed up? That half of Republican voters in Alabama and Mississippi think he is. Of course, there's nothing wrong with being a Muslim. And it would be fine with me if our president were a Muslim. But he isn't. Now, maybe some of the Deep Southern GOPers who told Public Policy Polling they think Obama follows Islam don't actually think so, but rather were using "Muslim" as a proxy for "not a real American," or "someone I don't relate to," or, who knows, "a guy with terrorist sympathies." Also messed up. This and other news, good and bad, in today's Threat Assessment photo gallery.
Half of Republicans in Deep South Think Obama Is a Muslim
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Team Cee Lo's Star Gets Knocked Out on 'The Voice'
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man