Florida's Republican Gov. Rick Scott recently signed a law that requires new voters to submit completed registration forms within 48 hours from the minute they fill them out, causing new voter registration to plummet by twenty percent. The law is intended to limit rampant voter fraud, as Daily Show correspondent John Oliver explained last night to Jon Stewart: "Sacrificing twenty percent of new voter participation is nothing compared to the horrors of voter fraud, which, according to the Brennan Center for Justice, happens at a terrifying rate of 0.0004 percent." The Brennan Center's number is minuscule, so voter fraud isn't a real concern, right? Not so, Oliver said. Because who knows how many cases of undetected voter fraud there might be? "Voter fraud statistics are limited only as much as your imagination." Watch:
Daily Show: 'Voter Fraud Statistics are Limited Only as Much as Your Imagination'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Kanye West's Surreal Album Launch: Fashion and Music Collide
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- See Photos From Kanye West's Wild New York Album Launch
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'