On Friday's Real Time, Bill Maher attacked the tiresome and moronic Republican tic of writing off great swaths of America – cities like Chicago and New York and states like Hawaii (a place "liberals made up so Obama could become president") – as somehow not part of "real America." "Just mention Massachusetts with a big eye roll, Maher quipped, "and it's an automatic applause break at the CPAC convention." The worst part is that Republicans "keep finding new parts of America to hate." Case in point? "Newt Gingrich called the [New York City] subway elitist, because that's the ultimate in hoity-toity travel," Maher said. "Why don't they travel like real Americans, on a spaceship to the moon?" Watch Maher's hilarious rant:
Bill Maher on the Right's 'Real America' Fantasy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- Obama Takes on Climate Change: The Rolling Stone Interview