Not long after the announcement of Steve Jobs' death Wednesday evening, the Westboro Baptist Church tweeted out its plans to protest the Apple guru's funeral … via Twitter for iPhone. The church is known for its vicious anti-gay bigotry and horribly insensitive funeral protests. (As you may recall, the Supreme Court earlier this year affirmed their First Amendment right to "demonstrate" within spewing distance of grieving families, in that case the families of fallen servicemen.) Margie Phelps, a WBC member, tweeted that Jobs "gave God no glory & taught sin," a reference perhaps to ... who the hell knows what. She, too, tweeted the message from her iPhone. This and more disturbing news (including an attempt to save the Postal Service with ... junk mail) in our Threat Assessment photo gallery.
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to Target Steve Jobs' Funeral
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Behind Hozier's Unlikely Rise
- The Super Bowl Scammer: Dion Rich Is the Godfather of Gatecrashing