Not long after the announcement of Steve Jobs' death Wednesday evening, the Westboro Baptist Church tweeted out its plans to protest the Apple guru's funeral … via Twitter for iPhone. The church is known for its vicious anti-gay bigotry and horribly insensitive funeral protests. (As you may recall, the Supreme Court earlier this year affirmed their First Amendment right to "demonstrate" within spewing distance of grieving families, in that case the families of fallen servicemen.) Margie Phelps, a WBC member, tweeted that Jobs "gave God no glory & taught sin," a reference perhaps to ... who the hell knows what. She, too, tweeted the message from her iPhone. This and more disturbing news (including an attempt to save the Postal Service with ... junk mail) in our Threat Assessment photo gallery.
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to Target Steve Jobs' Funeral
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- John Frusciante Preps 'Experimental' Electronic LP
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Jason Hall: Why I Wrote 'American Sniper'
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Favorite Sam Smith Story