Not long after the announcement of Steve Jobs' death Wednesday evening, the Westboro Baptist Church tweeted out its plans to protest the Apple guru's funeral … via Twitter for iPhone. The church is known for its vicious anti-gay bigotry and horribly insensitive funeral protests. (As you may recall, the Supreme Court earlier this year affirmed their First Amendment right to "demonstrate" within spewing distance of grieving families, in that case the families of fallen servicemen.) Margie Phelps, a WBC member, tweeted that Jobs "gave God no glory & taught sin," a reference perhaps to ... who the hell knows what. She, too, tweeted the message from her iPhone. This and more disturbing news (including an attempt to save the Postal Service with ... junk mail) in our Threat Assessment photo gallery.
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to Target Steve Jobs' Funeral
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Beyonce Fans Attack Kid Rock Online After Derogatory Comments
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- See Keith Urban's Unexpected Take on 'Somebody Like You' at Intimate Nashville Show
- Verizon Responds to Net Neutrality Vote With Morse Code Statement