Not long after the announcement of Steve Jobs' death Wednesday evening, the Westboro Baptist Church tweeted out its plans to protest the Apple guru's funeral … via Twitter for iPhone. The church is known for its vicious anti-gay bigotry and horribly insensitive funeral protests. (As you may recall, the Supreme Court earlier this year affirmed their First Amendment right to "demonstrate" within spewing distance of grieving families, in that case the families of fallen servicemen.) Margie Phelps, a WBC member, tweeted that Jobs "gave God no glory & taught sin," a reference perhaps to ... who the hell knows what. She, too, tweeted the message from her iPhone. This and more disturbing news (including an attempt to save the Postal Service with ... junk mail) in our Threat Assessment photo gallery.
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to Target Steve Jobs' Funeral
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- Kanye West Blends Sacred and Profane on Startling, Gospel-Inflected New LP
- Kanye West Defends Controversial Taylor Swift 'Famous' Lyric
- Taylor Swift: Kanye West's 'Pablo' Lyric About Me Is 'Misogynistic'
- Watch Kristen Wiig's Awkward Peyton Manning Impersonation on 'Fallon'