Not long after the announcement of Steve Jobs' death Wednesday evening, the Westboro Baptist Church tweeted out its plans to protest the Apple guru's funeral … via Twitter for iPhone. The church is known for its vicious anti-gay bigotry and horribly insensitive funeral protests. (As you may recall, the Supreme Court earlier this year affirmed their First Amendment right to "demonstrate" within spewing distance of grieving families, in that case the families of fallen servicemen.) Margie Phelps, a WBC member, tweeted that Jobs "gave God no glory & taught sin," a reference perhaps to ... who the hell knows what. She, too, tweeted the message from her iPhone. This and more disturbing news (including an attempt to save the Postal Service with ... junk mail) in our Threat Assessment photo gallery.
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to Target Steve Jobs' Funeral
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- Robin Williams' Children, Widow Settle Bitter Estate Feud
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time