- Diplomacy prevails as North Korea eases back into six-nation disarmament talks.
- Iraqi PM orders US checkpoints removed.
- National security adviser's unannounced arrival in Baghdad suggests tactical changes forthcoming. More troops may be necessary to secure the capital.
- In Virginia: GOP Senator George Allen releases an anthology of sex scenes pulled from opponent Jim Webb's novels. Dems seek to publicize details on George Allen's two mysterious arrest warrants [registration required]. Amidst the circus, Webb enjoys four-point lead.
- In Sugar Land Texas, Bush rekindles an old rallying cry:"The Democrat approach to Iraq comes down to this: The terrorists win and America loses."
>> PLUS: Tune in November 7th for our full election coverage.