- Outwardly satisfied, North Korean administrators say no more nuke tests anytime soon.
- With Kalashnikovs and rocket launchers, sectarian war hound Muqtada al-Sadr's private Shiite Militia seizes Southern Iraq city. Iraqi troops will have to retake it. Bush draws comparisons between Iraq and Vietnam as his administration discusses troop reductions in the coming months. US Major General admits Baghdad strategy is a "failure."
- Oil prices creep towards $60/barrel as OPEC cuts production. Similar shenanigans expected in December.
- Washington Post writers wonder if Bill Clinton can run for, ahem, vice President.
All the News That Fits. . . North Korea Swears Off Nukes, Bush Compares Iraq to Vietnam and More
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich Promises 'Vivid' Pre–Super Bowl Show
- Queen's 'Innuendo': Remembering Freddie Mercury's Last Masterpiece
- 25 Best Coen Brother Characters
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote