- Interviewed on Al Jazeera TV, America's top spin doctor in Iraq calls the war a "failure," bemoans the "arrogance" and "stupidity" of US policy-makers, denies any hope for a military success and declares the coalition's willingness to meet with any Iraqi group, save al-Qaeda. Ominously, he speaks in past tense, as if to concede an early defeat.
- Nine out of ten Iraqi Arab youth see the US as an occupying force.
- Under bipartisan and international pressure to move beyond "stay the course," Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, convene with top generals to assess strategy. Meeting lasts 90 minutes.
- A 60 Minutes investigation reveals that over half a billion dollars meant to ready Iraq's army was thieved by top interim government administrators. US, UK doing little to retrieve the missing loot.
- Obama-rama: Freshman Senator Barack Obama announces he may run for president in 2008.
- UN's top envoy to Sudan expelled by its government for the content of his personal blog entries.
All the News That Fits. . . Bush Spends 90 Minutes on Iraq, Barack Obama Says He's Eyeing 2008 and More
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Kim Kardashian Gets Real: 11 Revelations From the New Cover Story
- Watch Stephen Colbert Interview Eminem on Public Access Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Male Stripper to Movie Star: The Evolution of Channing Tatum
- 25 Best Songs of 2015 So Far
- 50 Greatest Prog Rock Albums of All Time
- Apple Music: Everything You Need to Know
- Danzig Talks Elvis' Influence, Writing for Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison