- Interviewed on Al Jazeera TV, America's top spin doctor in Iraq calls the war a "failure," bemoans the "arrogance" and "stupidity" of US policy-makers, denies any hope for a military success and declares the coalition's willingness to meet with any Iraqi group, save al-Qaeda. Ominously, he speaks in past tense, as if to concede an early defeat.
- Nine out of ten Iraqi Arab youth see the US as an occupying force.
- Under bipartisan and international pressure to move beyond "stay the course," Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, convene with top generals to assess strategy. Meeting lasts 90 minutes.
- A 60 Minutes investigation reveals that over half a billion dollars meant to ready Iraq's army was thieved by top interim government administrators. US, UK doing little to retrieve the missing loot.
- Obama-rama: Freshman Senator Barack Obama announces he may run for president in 2008.
- UN's top envoy to Sudan expelled by its government for the content of his personal blog entries.
All the News That Fits. . . Bush Spends 90 Minutes on Iraq, Barack Obama Says He's Eyeing 2008 and More
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic14 Recent Pop Songs That Are Basically the Same Song
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Kevin Hart's Funny Business
- Drake Responds to Meek Mill With 'Charged Up' Diss Track
- Divine Comedy: 25 Best Stand-Up Specials and Movies
- 'Kids': The Oral History of the Most Controversial Film of the Nineties
- Watch Hannibal Buress Troll PETA Protestors in 'Why?' Bit
- In the Age of Trump, Will Democrats Sell Out More, Or Less?