- Interviewed on Al Jazeera TV, America's top spin doctor in Iraq calls the war a "failure," bemoans the "arrogance" and "stupidity" of US policy-makers, denies any hope for a military success and declares the coalition's willingness to meet with any Iraqi group, save al-Qaeda. Ominously, he speaks in past tense, as if to concede an early defeat.
- Nine out of ten Iraqi Arab youth see the US as an occupying force.
- Under bipartisan and international pressure to move beyond "stay the course," Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, convene with top generals to assess strategy. Meeting lasts 90 minutes.
- A 60 Minutes investigation reveals that over half a billion dollars meant to ready Iraq's army was thieved by top interim government administrators. US, UK doing little to retrieve the missing loot.
- Obama-rama: Freshman Senator Barack Obama announces he may run for president in 2008.
- UN's top envoy to Sudan expelled by its government for the content of his personal blog entries.
All the News That Fits. . . Bush Spends 90 Minutes on Iraq, Barack Obama Says He's Eyeing 2008 and More
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Don't #Beliebe the Hype: Inside Justin Bieber's Roast