- Interviewed on Al Jazeera TV, America's top spin doctor in Iraq calls the war a "failure," bemoans the "arrogance" and "stupidity" of US policy-makers, denies any hope for a military success and declares the coalition's willingness to meet with any Iraqi group, save al-Qaeda. Ominously, he speaks in past tense, as if to concede an early defeat.
- Nine out of ten Iraqi Arab youth see the US as an occupying force.
- Under bipartisan and international pressure to move beyond "stay the course," Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, convene with top generals to assess strategy. Meeting lasts 90 minutes.
- A 60 Minutes investigation reveals that over half a billion dollars meant to ready Iraq's army was thieved by top interim government administrators. US, UK doing little to retrieve the missing loot.
- Obama-rama: Freshman Senator Barack Obama announces he may run for president in 2008.
- UN's top envoy to Sudan expelled by its government for the content of his personal blog entries.
All the News That Fits. . . Bush Spends 90 Minutes on Iraq, Barack Obama Says He's Eyeing 2008 and More
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70