- Interviewed on Al Jazeera TV, America's top spin doctor in Iraq calls the war a "failure," bemoans the "arrogance" and "stupidity" of US policy-makers, denies any hope for a military success and declares the coalition's willingness to meet with any Iraqi group, save al-Qaeda. Ominously, he speaks in past tense, as if to concede an early defeat.
- Nine out of ten Iraqi Arab youth see the US as an occupying force.
- Under bipartisan and international pressure to move beyond "stay the course," Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney, convene with top generals to assess strategy. Meeting lasts 90 minutes.
- A 60 Minutes investigation reveals that over half a billion dollars meant to ready Iraq's army was thieved by top interim government administrators. US, UK doing little to retrieve the missing loot.
- Obama-rama: Freshman Senator Barack Obama announces he may run for president in 2008.
- UN's top envoy to Sudan expelled by its government for the content of his personal blog entries.
All the News That Fits. . . Bush Spends 90 Minutes on Iraq, Barack Obama Says He's Eyeing 2008 and More
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed the Bands They Made Famous
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Bleacher ReportThe Untold Story of Allen Iverson
Cracked5 Movies That Made Huge Stars Quit Acting Forever
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire Great Escape Tour
- Ronda Rousey: The World's Most Dangerous Woman
- Dead End on Silk Road: Internet Crime Kingpin Ross Ulbricht's Big Fall
- 10 Completely Vile Things Rick Santorum Has Said
- Read Bruce Springsteen's Funny, Moving Tribute to Pete Townshend
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- U2 Play Old Hits, Share Stories at Thrilling 500-Capacity Roxy Gig