- Good neighbors? Bush gives go-ahead for the construction of a 700 mile double-layered border fence, with costs ranging from $3 million to $10 million per mile, and doubts that it will be completed in its entirety. Border Texans say fence poses bigger obstacle to livestock than drug smugglers and immigrants.
- Firefighters stoned, buses torched as gun-weilding Parisian youth celebrate the anniversary of last year's three-week-long riots. Negative vibes stem from police maltreatment of North African immigrants.
- Over 50 Afghan civilians —"human shields" for rising insurgency — die in late-night NATO bombing raid.
- Investigative blogger uncovers Google's heinous scheme for the coming year: sell $1 billion in new ad inventory, eliminate spam in 20 languages, construct environmentally-friendly power source.
- Catholic-dominated Nicaraguan parliament approves total abortion ban.
All The News That Fits. . . Bush OK's The Big Fence, Violence Returns to Parisian Outskirts, and More.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- NBA Free Agency: How the Spurs Swung LaMarcus Aldridge
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound