- Good neighbors? Bush gives go-ahead for the construction of a 700 mile double-layered border fence, with costs ranging from $3 million to $10 million per mile, and doubts that it will be completed in its entirety. Border Texans say fence poses bigger obstacle to livestock than drug smugglers and immigrants.
- Firefighters stoned, buses torched as gun-weilding Parisian youth celebrate the anniversary of last year's three-week-long riots. Negative vibes stem from police maltreatment of North African immigrants.
- Over 50 Afghan civilians —"human shields" for rising insurgency — die in late-night NATO bombing raid.
- Investigative blogger uncovers Google's heinous scheme for the coming year: sell $1 billion in new ad inventory, eliminate spam in 20 languages, construct environmentally-friendly power source.
- Catholic-dominated Nicaraguan parliament approves total abortion ban.
All The News That Fits. . . Bush OK's The Big Fence, Violence Returns to Parisian Outskirts, and More.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'