- Good neighbors? Bush gives go-ahead for the construction of a 700 mile double-layered border fence, with costs ranging from $3 million to $10 million per mile, and doubts that it will be completed in its entirety. Border Texans say fence poses bigger obstacle to livestock than drug smugglers and immigrants.
- Firefighters stoned, buses torched as gun-weilding Parisian youth celebrate the anniversary of last year's three-week-long riots. Negative vibes stem from police maltreatment of North African immigrants.
- Over 50 Afghan civilians —"human shields" for rising insurgency — die in late-night NATO bombing raid.
- Investigative blogger uncovers Google's heinous scheme for the coming year: sell $1 billion in new ad inventory, eliminate spam in 20 languages, construct environmentally-friendly power source.
- Catholic-dominated Nicaraguan parliament approves total abortion ban.
All The News That Fits. . . Bush OK's The Big Fence, Violence Returns to Parisian Outskirts, and More.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best
- George Lucas Explains Controversial Greedo–Han Solo 'Star Wars' Edit
- 17 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Adele
- The Oral History of the 'Wayne’s World' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Scene
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- Jimmy Page Before Led Zeppelin: 20 Great Sixties Session Songs
- Acid Tests Turn 50: Wavy Gravy, Merry Prankster Ken Babbs Look Back