- Declaring the war winnable in the next 12-18 months, top US commander in Iraq calls for more troops.
- Upbeat as ever, Bush hits the campaign trail, unveils his comedy routine: Democrats are"genetically disposed" to raise taxes,"November 7th is going to be a good day for the Republicans," etc.
- Former Enron exec Jeff Skilling sentenced to a quarter-century in jail. Taking the Gibson/Foley escape route, he bemoans his addiction to alcohol in the hopes they'll put him in the prison of his choosing.
- New Jersey Supreme Court to rule on Gay Marriage today.
- Tactful and considerate Rush Limbaugh accuses Parkinson's disease-afflicted actor Michael J. Fox of fakin' the shakes to drum up support for stem research and the democrats.