- Tony Blair considering ten to sixteen more months of British involvement in Iraq. Generals acknowledge their presence is provoking terrorism, while intelligence experts inform the Guardian that the UK has become al Qaeda's primary target.
- Galactic Monroe Doctrine: Bush asserts America's right to militarize, monopolize the final frontier. Agenda includes plans to explore our solar system with robots.
- BBC's twenty-five-nation survey finds twenty-nine percent of people worldwide believe "some torture" is permissible in interrogating terror suspects. The States poll fifty-eight to thirty-six percent against the notion.
- Coupled with new voter ID laws, statewide switchovers to electronic ballots could spell disaster for November 7th. Long lines expected for several close districts where a few malfunctioning machines could determine the fate of Congress. (For perspective, check out how the small, worm-shaped nation of Gambia has simplified the voting process down to a mere matter of marbles and cans.)
- He's talking about it. And Dems are telling him "run." Ladies and Gentleman, Presidential Hopeful Barack Obama?