- The Real Thing, Baby: Coca-Cola opens heavily fortified bottling plant in strife-ridden Afghanistan.
- Down Under, Al Gore feeds the 08 speculation machine
- Secret Prison investigations prompt CIA counterterrorism officers to buy legal insurance. Former agency headman: "I'm deeply troubled that CIA officers have to buy insurance... There should be clear rules about what the officers can and can't do."
- Democrat who would be nation's first Muslim congressman teeters on victory's edge in tomorrow's primary.
- Weekend's Toronto film fest more politicized than ever: Dixie Chicks won't "Shut Up and Sing," Forest Whitaker plays despotic Idi Amin, British filmmaker's depict the "Death of A President," Richard Nixon wants John Lennon deported, Michael Moore slams health care coverage and the war.