ZZ Top has spent a long time working on their next album, but guitarist Billy Gibbons assures Rolling Stone's David Fricke that the new disc is coming along very well. "The good news is that under the direction of Rick Rubin, ZZ Top has stepped into a new arena with a very understanding producer," says Gibbons, who adds that the next record should be pretty streamlined and straightforward. "When you add up the days in the studio, it hasn't allowed us much time to do much else than plug straight into an amp and play as a trio. We're not afraid to experiment when time allows, but these are things that don't normally pop up in a ZZ session. It's just, go in and get it."
ZZ Top Billy Gibbons on the band's next album
Band is finishing long-awaited disc with Rick Rubin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sins of the Flesh
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Honor Folk Great Lead Belly
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19