Yo La Tengo venture into a lonely forest in the new video for Fade track "I'll Be Around," and the intimate, minimal acoustic track gets an equally sparse video treatment. As the softly picked song breezes through the trees, bits of a narrative are superimposed on the screen, alternating with recipes for spicy tortilla soup and a tortilla española. The camera drifts through nature, eventually finding (for some reason) Superchunk frontman Mac McCaughan playing an acoustic guitar by himself in a clearing. Later, the view shifts to Yo La Tengo making the recipes, but as they grub down, police arrive to arrest bassist James McNew. Guess he won't be around after all.
Yo La Tengo Get Cooking in 'I'll Be Around'
Indie rockers' new clip intersperses narrative with recipes
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release