Yo La Tengo venture into a lonely forest in the new video for Fade track "I'll Be Around," and the intimate, minimal acoustic track gets an equally sparse video treatment. As the softly picked song breezes through the trees, bits of a narrative are superimposed on the screen, alternating with recipes for spicy tortilla soup and a tortilla española. The camera drifts through nature, eventually finding (for some reason) Superchunk frontman Mac McCaughan playing an acoustic guitar by himself in a clearing. Later, the view shifts to Yo La Tengo making the recipes, but as they grub down, police arrive to arrest bassist James McNew. Guess he won't be around after all.
Yo La Tengo Get Cooking in 'I'll Be Around'
Indie rockers' new clip intersperses narrative with recipes
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Robin Williams' Children, Widow Settle Bitter Estate Feud
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- Roger Waters Slams Bon Jovi Over Israel Concert in Open Letter