Yo La Tengo venture into a lonely forest in the new video for Fade track "I'll Be Around," and the intimate, minimal acoustic track gets an equally sparse video treatment. As the softly picked song breezes through the trees, bits of a narrative are superimposed on the screen, alternating with recipes for spicy tortilla soup and a tortilla española. The camera drifts through nature, eventually finding (for some reason) Superchunk frontman Mac McCaughan playing an acoustic guitar by himself in a clearing. Later, the view shifts to Yo La Tengo making the recipes, but as they grub down, police arrive to arrest bassist James McNew. Guess he won't be around after all.
Yo La Tengo Get Cooking in 'I'll Be Around'
Indie rockers' new clip intersperses narrative with recipes
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Baffling First Drafts Of Famous Movies
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
Diffuser11 Pop Songs Written by Rock Musicians
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl
- Hear Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' Sung in 20 Different Styles
- NBA Free Agency: How the Spurs Swung LaMarcus Aldridge