During a recent trip to Conan, Willie Nelson took some time to put together a sizzling audition reel for Peter Jackson, in the hope that he might be able to steal the role of Gandalf away from Ian McKellan in the upcoming sequel to The Hobbit. Any audition that starts with a giddy, "Hey! Look at that dragon!" can only signal good things to come, and Nelson lived up to that early promise, showcasing his acting chops by nailing lines like, "You shall not pass an unlit joint – that's just not cool" and "That giant flaming eye is freaking me the fuck out!" Nelson and Michah Nelson (reading for Bilbo Baggins) also performed a bit of The Hobbit 2's inevitable musical number, "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Orcs." (And if Gandalf doesn't work out, Nelson notes he'd also make a mean Magneto.)
Watch: Willie Nelson's 'Smokin'' Audition for 'The Hobbit'
Move over Ian McKellen, there's a new Gandalf in town
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'