The National counted down the final hours before the release today of their new album with a performance last night on the Late Show With David Letterman. Singer Matt Berninger hunched over the microphone to deliver the lyrics on "Don't Swallow the Cap," and swirls of strings, guitars and keyboards enveloped his baritone voice while Bryan Devendorf anchored the song with precise, subtle rhythm on drums. "Don't Swallow the Cap" comes from Trouble Will Find Me, the National's sixth LP.
The National Play 'Don't Swallow the Cap' on 'Letterman'
Song comes from band's new LP, 'Trouble Will Find Me'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic