At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'
- Inside Scientology
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- IHeartRadio Music Awards 2015's 10 Best and Worst Moments
- 10 Things We Learned From 'Going Clear'
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard Trade Hits at Historic South Texas Shows
- 'WrestleMania': Seth Rollins Reigns in California