At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily BeastThe Hottest Movies at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MicWhy The Grammys Will Never Represent Real Music
MicThe Best Hip-Hop of 2014 Came From A Very Unlikely Place
Men's Journal10 Health Benefits of Being in a Relationship
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Divides Hollywood
- Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore 'Mutually Decided to End Their Marriage'
- Watch Korn and Slipknot Cover Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' in London
- Cicada: Solving the Web's Deepest Mystery
- Noel Gallagher on Oasis Reunion: 'It Would Only Be for the Money'
- Flashback: Neil Young Covers 'Sweet Home Alabama' in 1977
- The Entrapment of Jesse Snodgrass