At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Salon9 Actors Who Have Done Full-Frontal Nude Scenes
Cracked23 Bizarre Demands Celebrities Have Made Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
- Inside Julian Casablancas' Post-Apocalyptic New Video 'Human Sadness'
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- Florence Welch on Stripping Down at Coachella and Fooling Neil Young
- Watch U2 Perform 'Sweetest Thing' With Bono Impersonator
- My Favorite Grateful Dead Song: Dave Matthews, Black Keys and More
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Legal Dispute Over B.B. King's Last Days Gets Uglier
- Blink-182 Inch Toward 'Friendly Divorce' From Tom DeLonge