At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- 'Goonies' Director Plots 'Immersive Theater' Adaptation