At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Phil Collins Beats The Odds
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Meghan Linsey's Second Act: 'The Voice' Runner-Up on What's Next