At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss8 Classic Movie Props That Were Tossed in the Trash
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Flea: Why I Support Bernie Sanders
- Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted
- The Monkees Plot 50th Anniversary Tour, New LP 'Good Times!'
- Queen's 'Innuendo': Remembering Freddie Mercury's Last Masterpiece
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- 25 Best Coen Brother Characters
- 25 Most Anticipated TV Shows of 2016
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote