At first the Decemberists' video for "This Is Why We Fight" (from their January release The King is Dead) appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where the adults have vanished and the only food comes in dented cans. But the video's narrative doesn't explain why it is exactly that "we fight" any better than the song's lyrics. The children in the video devour canned tuna and traipse together through shale quarries, looking great in ragged chic complete with John Lennon glasses and dirty feathers. Slowly one realizes that the kids are playing an elaborate (and really fun) game of capture the flag in a place where the grass is still green and the only weapons employed are big-eyed stares.
The Decemberists The post-apocalyptic clip for 'This Is Why We Fight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Cracked27 Surprising Real Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Watch John Oliver Defend Transgender Rights on 'Last Week Tonight'
- Watch U2 Play 'Gloria' for First Time In 10 Years at Chicago Show
- Watch Puff Daddy Throw Bad Boy Reunion at BET Awards
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline
- Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman Remember Yes' Chris Squire
- Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- The Mad Scientist of Baltimore