Classic theme, modern touch: Steve Martin and Edie Brickell made their joint TV debut last night, performing "When You Get to Asheville" with the Steep Canyon Rangers on the Late Show With David Letterman. It's a song about leaving that also mentions e-mail, putting a latter-day spin on a timeless subject. Martin deftly plucked out notes on banjo while Brickell sang in her airy voice, backed by mournful swells of strings from the Steep Canyon Rangers. The song comes from Martin and Brickell's new LP, Love Has Come for You, which Rounder released this week.
Steve Martin, Edie Brickell Head for 'Asheville' on 'Letterman'
Duo performs song from new LP 'Love Has Come for You'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else