In this exclusive interview, Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis and drummer Chad Smith explain how they arrived at the album title I'm With You. "I said, 'Flea, we need a title, here's my list' and he read them as said, 'It's good, but it's not the title of our record,'" says Kiedis. "The next day, Josh Klinghoffer, who plays guitar in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, came in and said, 'I've got one – how about I'm With You?,' and we all looked at each other and said 'That's the title!'"
The Chili Peppers are on the cover of the latest issue of Rolling Stone, on stands and available through Rolling Stone All Access on August 19th. The story, penned by Senior Writer David Fricke, tells the story of how the band carried on following the departure of guitarist John Frusciante and wrote their new album with 31-year-old guitarist Klinghoffer.
• The Red Hot Chili Peppers on Their First Album Without John Frusciante: The New Issue of Rolling Stone
• The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Ten Greatest Videos
• The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Career in Photos
• Photos: Preview 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers: An Oral/Visual History' by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
• Inside the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Comeback Album
• Red Hot Chili Peppers Roar Back at Secret California Show
• Photos: Red Hot Chili Peppers and More Show Some Skin on the Cover of Rolling Stone
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus