"Every Day Is Yours to Win," the latest video from R.E.M.'s new album Collapse Into Now, was made by longtime band collaborator Jim McKay with Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch entirely out of footage found on YouTube. "When I heard the song, it felt like a very personal song that people would somehow be able to apply to their lives, and I think of video diaries on YouTube in a very similar way," McKay says in another YouTube clip introducing the music video. The personal, intimate quality of the footage is indeed a fine match for a song that is quiet, gentle and very inspiring in its message of personal empowerment.
R.E.M. YouTube-inspired video 'Every Day Is Yours to Win'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- Suge Knight Sought by Police in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Behind Hozier's Unlikely Rise