Prince made a rare late-night talk show appearance on last night's episode of Lopez Tonight, performing his new song "Laydown" with his band the New Power Generation to hype his 21-concert residency at the Forum in Los Angeles, which starts tonight. Prince, clearly a big George Lopez fan, announced that string of shows on an episode of the show last week and promised to swing by Lopez's studio to play a song. Photos: Prince's Welcome 2 America Tour at MSG The performance is just as funky and flamboyant as you'd want Prince to be, with the gold-suited singer arriving in a puff of smoke while dancing girls in black berets grind on the side of the stage. "Laydown," a track from last year's 20Ten, is one of his best recent tunes, notable for its fine, funky guitar riff and the memorable lyric "from the heart of Minnesota / here comes the purple Yoda." In addition to this song, Prince also performed a version of "The Beautiful Ones" from Purple Rain and a new song called "You're the One For Me" with Sheila E. Prince Plays the Classics & Debuts a New Song! [Lopez Tonight]
Prince Watch funky 'Laydown' on 'Lopez Tonight'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- John Oliver on Brexit Fallout: 'United Kingdom' Now Sounds 'Sarcastic'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- See Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar Baptize BET Awards With 'Freedom'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Watch Adele Perform 'Someone Like You' at Glastonbury
- 14 Classic Albums That Flopped When They Were Released
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video