Portlandia's Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen recently stopped by the Rolling Stone studio to chat about their early experiences in Portland, the first records they owned as kids and Fred's recollection of the very first time he heard Carrie's old band, Sleater-Kinney. "This guy simply said, 'Do you want to hear the best music ever?'" Armisen recalls. "He put on Call the Doctor and I was like, 'THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD, EVER!' I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was just the greatest."
• 'Portlandia' Stars Cover Devo's 'Beautiful World'
• Photos: The Best Musical Moments From 'Portlandia'
• Carrie Brownstein: 'We're Okay With Making Somebody Feel Uncomfortable' on 'Portlandia'
• Sneak Peek: 'Portlandia' Season Two
• Photos: 'Portlandia' Season Two Premiere Screening Party
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus