Peter Travers says that Rock of Ages is pretty fun despite a terrible script, bland leads and awful wigs, mainly thanks to a stellar performance by Tom Cruise as fictional hair metal rocker Stacee Jaxx. "What is it about Cruise when he's in supporting roles?," Travers asks. "He's free, he can do Magnolia, he can do Tropic Thunder, where he's not in charge of the whole movie and he just lets it go."
Peter Travers: Tom Cruise Lets Loose in 'Rock of Ages'
Cruise's turn as a hair metal rocker is the best part of movie musical
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Mad Season, Temple of the Dog Reunite at Overwhelming One-Off Show
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Rihanna, Kanye and McCartney on 'FourFiveSeconds' Video Shoot
- While Deflategate and Chaitgate Rage, America Quietly Robs Its Elderly
- Hear Kanye West, Drake and Big Sean Team Up for 'Blessings'
- Jack White Performs With Q-Tip at Sold-Out Madison Square Garden Gig
- The Super Bowl Scammer: Dion Rich Is the Godfather of Gatecrashing