At the end of February, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds took the stage at the Fonda Theater in Los Angeles to celebrate the release of their latest album Push the Sky Away. Backed by an ensemble of string players and a children's choir from the Silverlake Conservatory, the band re-created the entire LP onstage. Now you can take an exclusive first look at their performance of "Mermaids," the album's upcoming single. Directed by U.K. artists Lain Forsyth and Jane Pollard and filmed by LoveLive, the black-and-white clip periodically cuts to a washed out filter as Cave ambles about the stage, delivering the somber song in his dark croon, which the the choir fleshes out in gorgeous bloom.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Brood on 'Mermaids' Live – Premiere
Rockers add strings and a children's choir to song from latest LP
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Hear Kanye West's Triumphant New 'All Day'
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Madonna to Kanye West: 'Don't Go to Awards Shows Looking for Justice'
- Hayley Williams Says Paramore Tour Will 'Light a Fire Under Our Asses'
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Watch Halestorm Rebel Against Day Jobs in Raucous 'Amen' Video
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?