MGMT have released a kooky new trailer for their self-titled third LP, out September 17th on Columbia, that features snippets of five new tracks, an NSA wire tap and one angry possum in a bathroom. Frontman Andrew VanWyngarden encounters the beast while brushing his teeth, kicking off a peculiar day that later finds his cohort, Benjamin Goldwasser, knifing open a speaker cabinet and discovering a suspicious looking beetle that seems to be spying on them. The bug (get it?) doesn't belong to the snooping NSA, though, which means, as one agent explains with extreme gravity, "The Reptoids have heard the new MGMT album." Things get even weirder when the band hops on a bus to get to the bottom of these nefarious doings — but it looks like we'll have to wait and see if there's a part two to this story.
MGMT Practice While NSA Watches in Album Preview
Trailer features five new songs and one angry possum
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- Ben Stiller's High School Garage Band Sets Album Release