MGMT have released a kooky new trailer for their self-titled third LP, out September 17th on Columbia, that features snippets of five new tracks, an NSA wire tap and one angry possum in a bathroom. Frontman Andrew VanWyngarden encounters the beast while brushing his teeth, kicking off a peculiar day that later finds his cohort, Benjamin Goldwasser, knifing open a speaker cabinet and discovering a suspicious looking beetle that seems to be spying on them. The bug (get it?) doesn't belong to the snooping NSA, though, which means, as one agent explains with extreme gravity, "The Reptoids have heard the new MGMT album." Things get even weirder when the band hops on a bus to get to the bottom of these nefarious doings — but it looks like we'll have to wait and see if there's a part two to this story.
MGMT Practice While NSA Watches in Album Preview
Trailer features five new songs and one angry possum
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 15 Great Grammy Tribute Performances
- Black Lives Matter Co-Founder to Beyonce: 'Welcome to the Movement'
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists