MGMT have released a kooky new trailer for their self-titled third LP, out September 17th on Columbia, that features snippets of five new tracks, an NSA wire tap and one angry possum in a bathroom. Frontman Andrew VanWyngarden encounters the beast while brushing his teeth, kicking off a peculiar day that later finds his cohort, Benjamin Goldwasser, knifing open a speaker cabinet and discovering a suspicious looking beetle that seems to be spying on them. The bug (get it?) doesn't belong to the snooping NSA, though, which means, as one agent explains with extreme gravity, "The Reptoids have heard the new MGMT album." Things get even weirder when the band hops on a bus to get to the bottom of these nefarious doings — but it looks like we'll have to wait and see if there's a part two to this story.
MGMT Practice While NSA Watches in Album Preview
Trailer features five new songs and one angry possum
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch David Gilmour's New Animated Video for 'Rattle That Lock'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch the Throne: Dave Grohl on How the Foos Saved Their Summer
- Watch the Edge, Adam Clayton's Shock Performance With U2 Cover Band
- Flashback: Watch Two Cut Scenes From 'Shawshank Redemption'
- Drake Responds to Meek Mill With 'Charged Up' Diss Track