Backstage at Yankee Stadium, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich told Rolling Stone that his band couldn't refuse an invitation to bring their Big 4 show with Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth to the home of the Bronx Bombers. "There's never been a hard rock experience in Yankee Stadium," says Ulrich. "Ninety-nine percent of the rock experiences in New York are at Giants Stadium, the Meadowlands thing. So anytime Metallica gets a chance to do anything that's unique and different... getting to come here to the hallowed grounds of Yankee Stadium was something we couldn't say no to."
• The Big 4 Put Aside Their Differences for Spectacular Metal Show
• The Big 4 on Their Supposed Rivalry
• Anthrax's Scott Ian on Playing Yankee Stadium
• Megadeth's Dave Mustaine on Risking His Life to Rock Yankee Stadium
• Slayer on Getting Tight for Yankee Stadium
• Photos: The Big 4 at Yankee Stadium