Mark Ronson, the producer behind many of Amy Winehouse's biggest hits, led an audience in London last night through a rendition of "Valerie" in tribute to his late collaborator. Ronson, who fronted a band including several back-up singers and musicians who had performed with Winehouse over the years, encouraged everyone at the show to sing along. "We want you to sing this shit as loud as you can," he said. "We just want you to sing at the top of your lungs." The crowd did exactly what they were told, resulting in an upbeat celebration of Winehouse and her incredible voice.
• Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
• Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
• Critics Assess Amy Winehouse's Legacy
• Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
• Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
• Ronnie Spector Pays Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
• Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
• Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
• Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
• Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
• Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
• Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
• Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus