Jim James is apparently treating the release today of his solo debut with an air of formality, given the coat and tie the My Morning Jacket frontman wore last night to perform on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. It was a fitting look for "A New Life." The gospel-laced tune started buttoned-down, and blossomed as James sang in clear, melodious tones while members of the Roots built the song from spare beginnings to a joyous, lushly orchestrated burst of instruments, including strings, horns and percussion. The song is from Regions of Light and Sound of God.
Jim James Explores 'A New Life' on 'Fallon'
Singer teams with the Roots on a song from his solo debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Mad Season, Temple of the Dog Reunite at Overwhelming One-Off Show
- Watch Rihanna, Kanye and McCartney on 'FourFiveSeconds' Video Shoot
- Jack White Performs With Q-Tip at Sold-Out Madison Square Garden Gig
- Sia Apologizes for Controversial 'Elastic Heart' Video With Shia LaBeouf
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'