Jim Carrey and Eels have teamed with Funny or Die for their new video for "Cold Dead Hand," and it's a barnstorming good time. Carrey parodies Charlton Heston and gun culture in a Hee-Haw-style clip, and then fills in for Eels leader Mark Oliver Everett to sing the country track as Lonesome Earl and the Clutterbusters. Earl interprets the lyrics with hand motions and spends the song antagonizing Heston, before an angry Heston tries to shoot him. The gun fails, and Earl continues to tease Heston that he won't get into heaven because no one can pry the gun from his cold dead hand. "You're a big, big man with a little bitty gland," sings Earl. "Biting social satire" says another of Carrey's characters.
Jim Carrey, Eels Team for Gun Culture Parody
Comedian, rockers poke fun at Charlton Heston in Funny or Die clip
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies