Jack White has been named the official ambassador for Record Store Day 2013, which will take place on April 20th at independent record shops across the world. To announce the news, White took a camera crew on a field trip to United Record Pressing in Nashville, where he offered up a few fun facts about how seven-inch and 12-inch records are made, along with a handful of conspiracy theories strategically drowned out by noise from machinery in the pressing plant, which handles vinyl for White's Nashville-based Third Man Records. It's not exactly clear what pressing vinyl has to do with "the Masons and the NBA draft being aligned with each other," or his theory that you shouldn't donate blood on a Tuesday "because that's when they change the needles out," but he seems pretty confident about both.
Jack White Spreads Love of Vinyl as 'Record Store Day Ambassador'
Rocker starts gig with field trip to LP pressing plant in Nashville
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- Watch Beck's Soulful Cover of Prince's 'Raspberry Beret'
- See Prince Proteges the Family Pay Tribute With New 'Nothing Compares 2 U'