Jack White has been named the official ambassador for Record Store Day 2013, which will take place on April 20th at independent record shops across the world. To announce the news, White took a camera crew on a field trip to United Record Pressing in Nashville, where he offered up a few fun facts about how seven-inch and 12-inch records are made, along with a handful of conspiracy theories strategically drowned out by noise from machinery in the pressing plant, which handles vinyl for White's Nashville-based Third Man Records. It's not exactly clear what pressing vinyl has to do with "the Masons and the NBA draft being aligned with each other," or his theory that you shouldn't donate blood on a Tuesday "because that's when they change the needles out," but he seems pretty confident about both.
Jack White Spreads Love of Vinyl as 'Record Store Day Ambassador'
Rocker starts gig with field trip to LP pressing plant in Nashville
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Art Garfunkel Lashes Out at Paul Simon in New Interview
- Watch Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl Perform 'I Saw Her Standing There'
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Watch U2 Play Super Rarity 'In God's Country' With Fan On Guitar
- 10 TV Shows You Need to Be Watching in 2015
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song