Jack White has been named the official ambassador for Record Store Day 2013, which will take place on April 20th at independent record shops across the world. To announce the news, White took a camera crew on a field trip to United Record Pressing in Nashville, where he offered up a few fun facts about how seven-inch and 12-inch records are made, along with a handful of conspiracy theories strategically drowned out by noise from machinery in the pressing plant, which handles vinyl for White's Nashville-based Third Man Records. It's not exactly clear what pressing vinyl has to do with "the Masons and the NBA draft being aligned with each other," or his theory that you shouldn't donate blood on a Tuesday "because that's when they change the needles out," but he seems pretty confident about both.
Jack White Spreads Love of Vinyl as 'Record Store Day Ambassador'
Rocker starts gig with field trip to LP pressing plant in Nashville
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Drake Debuts Polished Version of Beyonce Collaboration 'Can I'
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay