Jack White has been named the official ambassador for Record Store Day 2013, which will take place on April 20th at independent record shops across the world. To announce the news, White took a camera crew on a field trip to United Record Pressing in Nashville, where he offered up a few fun facts about how seven-inch and 12-inch records are made, along with a handful of conspiracy theories strategically drowned out by noise from machinery in the pressing plant, which handles vinyl for White's Nashville-based Third Man Records. It's not exactly clear what pressing vinyl has to do with "the Masons and the NBA draft being aligned with each other," or his theory that you shouldn't donate blood on a Tuesday "because that's when they change the needles out," but he seems pretty confident about both.
Jack White Spreads Love of Vinyl as 'Record Store Day Ambassador'
Rocker starts gig with field trip to LP pressing plant in Nashville
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Men's Journal10 Things You See in Porn that Don't Happen in Real Life
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Watch Erykah Badu Scold Audience, Sing 'Phone Down' at Soul Train Awards
- Eagles of Death Metal Detail Horrific Paris Attack, Offer Support
- Tool’s Adam Jones on 2016 Tour, Album Progress, 'Amazing' New Song
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best One Direction Songs
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'