Jack White has been named the official ambassador for Record Store Day 2013, which will take place on April 20th at independent record shops across the world. To announce the news, White took a camera crew on a field trip to United Record Pressing in Nashville, where he offered up a few fun facts about how seven-inch and 12-inch records are made, along with a handful of conspiracy theories strategically drowned out by noise from machinery in the pressing plant, which handles vinyl for White's Nashville-based Third Man Records. It's not exactly clear what pressing vinyl has to do with "the Masons and the NBA draft being aligned with each other," or his theory that you shouldn't donate blood on a Tuesday "because that's when they change the needles out," but he seems pretty confident about both.
Jack White Spreads Love of Vinyl as 'Record Store Day Ambassador'
Rocker starts gig with field trip to LP pressing plant in Nashville
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- WTF Happened in the New Hampshire Primary, Explained
- Anti-Beyonce Protesters Planning Rally Outside NFL Offices
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters