"We don't want to generalize ourselves or put ourselves in a box," says Givers singer/percussionist Tiffany Lamson. "It's all about us just doing something that feels good because that's the way this band came about." It's a healthy mentality, one that's helped the young Lafayette, Louisiana-based indie group score a deal with Glassnote Records. It's also brought them to Lollapalooza, where they sat down in Rolling Stone's Rock Room to talk about the band's organic writing process, opening festivals and the time singer/guitarist Taylor Guarisco broke his foot onstage.
Givers on Breaking Genre Constraints, Their Feet
The Louisiana indie-poppers chat about onstage injuries
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- 'Daily Show' Hire Trevor Noah Under Fire for Tweets Offending Jews, Women
- Scott Weiland's Guitarist Jeremy Brown Dead at 34