"We don't want to generalize ourselves or put ourselves in a box," says Givers singer/percussionist Tiffany Lamson. "It's all about us just doing something that feels good because that's the way this band came about." It's a healthy mentality, one that's helped the young Lafayette, Louisiana-based indie group score a deal with Glassnote Records. It's also brought them to Lollapalooza, where they sat down in Rolling Stone's Rock Room to talk about the band's organic writing process, opening festivals and the time singer/guitarist Taylor Guarisco broke his foot onstage.
Givers on Breaking Genre Constraints, Their Feet
The Louisiana indie-poppers chat about onstage injuries
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Screen Rant5 Movies That Killed Actors’ Careers
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- Watch Tom Cruise Channel Meat Loaf, the Weeknd in 'Lip Sync Battle'
- In the Age of Trump, Will Democrats Sell Out More, Or Less?
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Kim Kardashian: American Woman
- Puscifer Announce New Album, Premiere Epic 'Grand Canyon' Song and Video
- Ta-Nehisi Coates on Race, Hip-Hop and Being Praised by Toni Morrison
- 'Kids': The Oral History of the Most Controversial Film of the Nineties
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time