"We don't want to generalize ourselves or put ourselves in a box," says Givers singer/percussionist Tiffany Lamson. "It's all about us just doing something that feels good because that's the way this band came about." It's a healthy mentality, one that's helped the young Lafayette, Louisiana-based indie group score a deal with Glassnote Records. It's also brought them to Lollapalooza, where they sat down in Rolling Stone's Rock Room to talk about the band's organic writing process, opening festivals and the time singer/guitarist Taylor Guarisco broke his foot onstage.
Givers on Breaking Genre Constraints, Their Feet
The Louisiana indie-poppers chat about onstage injuries
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List