Blood, nudity and totally bonkers special effects: It's the essential combination for every weird Flaming Lips video, and their new clip for "Ashes in the Air" has all of that – and some cannibalism, too. The song, featuring Bon Iver, comes from the Lips' 2012 double-LP of collaborations, The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends. In the video, a spaceman treks through a wasteland filled with naked, half-dead bodies while carrying a baby with the face of a grown man. When they finally arrive at the spaceship, it seems like all might finally end well – but if you thought the wood chipper sequence in Fargo was brutal, you might want to avert your eyes. The Flaming Lips' new album The Terror will be out April 16th.
Flaming Lips Get Bloody and Weird in 'Ashes in the Air'
NSFW clip has nudity, dead bodies and a baby with a man's face
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser13 Movies That Killed Actors’ Careers
SalonPrince's 5 Most Iconic Live Performances
GQThe 21 Best Albums Of The 21st Century
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
DiffuserThe 21 Most Embarrassing Rock Moments of the Past 30 Years
Salon7 Tips For Better Sex That You Haven’t Heard Before
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- 'Purple Rain' Director Talks Prince's Weird, Wonderful Masterpiece
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- Trey Anastasio Recalls Phish's Night Partying With Prince
- A Compendium of People Who Hate Ted Cruz's Guts
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Prince's Lost Rolling Stone Interview: 'I Don't Think About Gone'
- 10 New Artists You Need to Know: April 2016