"Roosevelt Island," the second video from the first solo album by Fiery Furnaces frontwoman Eleanor Friedberger is charmingly straightforward, with the singer taking the tram to the island referenced in the song, which lies just off the coast of Manhattan. The laid back tune calls back to mid-Seventies hits by Steely Dan and Fleetwood Mac, but Friedberger's distinct vocal style lends the music a very different sort of energy. All through the video, she scribbles in a journal, which is a perfect image corresponding with her vocals, which sound like ideas spilling directly out of her brain and on to the tape.
Eleanor Friedberger 'Roosevelt Island'
Charming video for 'Roosevelt Island'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Real People Screwed By 'True-Story' Movies Based On Them
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died At Age 27
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Cracked6 On-Set Arguments That Almost Derailed Classic Films
- Hear Justin Timberlake's Sunny New Song 'Can't Stop the Feeling'
- Prince in the Nineties: An Oral History
- Gwen Stefani Enlists George Clooney, Julia Roberts for 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Arsenio Hall Sues Sinead O'Connor for $5 Million
- Why America Can't Quit the Drug War
- Want to Move to Canada If Trump Wins? Not So Fast
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story