Earl Sweatshirt paid a visit to Jimmy Fallon on Friday, making his solo network television debut on Late Night. Backed by the Roots for the brief appearance, the Odd Future rapper performed the song "Burgundy," which surfaced just days before. The sense of alienation and discomfort projected in the track, which began in this version with the words "Grandma's passing," was heightened by the footage of the rapper, dressed in a hoodie and shorts, walking through backstage corridors to reach the stage during the extended instrumental intro. "Burgundy" is from Earl Sweatshirt's debut solo album, Doris, which comes out on August 20th.
Earl Sweatshirt Paints it 'Burgundy' on 'Fallon'
Odd Future rapper performs new solo track on 'Late Night'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- Kanye West's Surreal Album Launch: Fashion and Music Collide
- 19 Great Moments From the Sixth Democratic Debate
- Black Lives Matter Co-Founder to Beyonce: 'Welcome to the Movement'
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Bernie Sanders Unveils Moving New Ad With Eric Garner's Daughter