New Orleans funkateers Dumpstaphunk sat down backstage with Benjy Eisen at Bonnaroo to chat about the group's latest record, Dirty Word, and the myriad influences they bring to their tunes. Frontman Ivan Neville – the son of the Neville Brothers' Aaron – chatted about having Joseph "Ziagoboo" Medeliste's drum set sitting in his living room for six months and a particular Rolling Stones concert at Giants Stadium, where he ended up missing his chance to play live with the band: "I was flown up there by Keith [Richards] to come and hang out and sit in with the Stones, and I did not play with the Stones that night because I passed out in the dressing room – I was over-served," Neville said. "I woke up and the show was over, and they were gone!"
Dumpstaphunk Talk Funk, the Dirtiest Four-Letter Word, at Bonnaroo
Plus: fontman Ian Neville recalls the time he didn't quite get to play with the Rolling Stones
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Children of ISIS
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- 'Clear' and Present Danger: Alex Gibney on His Bold Scientology Doc
- Coachella, Lollapalooza Festivals Ban Selfie Sticks
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'