New Orleans funkateers Dumpstaphunk sat down backstage with Benjy Eisen at Bonnaroo to chat about the group's latest record, Dirty Word, and the myriad influences they bring to their tunes. Frontman Ivan Neville – the son of the Neville Brothers' Aaron – chatted about having Joseph "Ziagoboo" Medeliste's drum set sitting in his living room for six months and a particular Rolling Stones concert at Giants Stadium, where he ended up missing his chance to play live with the band: "I was flown up there by Keith [Richards] to come and hang out and sit in with the Stones, and I did not play with the Stones that night because I passed out in the dressing room – I was over-served," Neville said. "I woke up and the show was over, and they were gone!"
Dumpstaphunk Talk Funk, the Dirtiest Four-Letter Word, at Bonnaroo
Plus: fontman Ian Neville recalls the time he didn't quite get to play with the Rolling Stones
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 'Obama Out': See President's Scathing Correspondents' Dinner Speech
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- Paul McCartney Meets Women Who Inspired Beatles' 'Blackbird'
- Chicago's Robert Lamm Talks Peter Cetera Absence at Rock Hall
- On the Charts: Beyonce's 'Lemonade' Stirs Up Number One
- Drake's New 'Views' Look All Too Familiar
- Watch Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Slam Mormon Church in New Solo Video
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time