This past April, Dr. John celebrated the release of his album Locked Down with a show at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and in this clip, the New Orleans R&B maestro gets a hand on "Ice Age" from Black Keys frontman Dan Auerbach, who produced Locked Down. Dr. John looks his shamanic best and vibes out on keyboards as Auerbach provides the slinky, funky lead riff. Dr. John jumps into an expended freeform keyboard solo halfway through, but the wide-ranging percussion section is the most impressive thing, clattering and banging away for a soulful jamboree.
Dr. John Jams With Dan Auerbach in Brooklyn
New Orleans legend gets a hand from Black Keys frontman on 'Ice Age'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Traits of an Awesome Band Member
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
Salon11 Artists Who Are Still Great After Four Decades
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Amy Schumer on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Phil Collins' 'Warts and All' Autobiography Arriving in 2016
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time