Dirty Projectors mastermind David Longstreth makes his directorial debut with the clip for "Gun Has No Trigger," the first single from the band's forthcoming album, Swing Lo Magellan. "'Gun Has No Trigger' is about the possibility for true dissent, and how I can't figure out what that could be," Longstreth says in a statement about the video. "What is a 2012 Exodus from the Society of the Spectacle (to mix language Situationist and Rastafari)? So we made a video from the iconography of the default profile image used by Facebook and Gmail, and also the look of the classic Apple iPod commercials."
Dirty Projectors Express Dissent in 'Gun Has No Trigger'
First video from the new album 'Swing Lo Magellan'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Mental Floss15 Things You Didn’t Know About 'The Godfather'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- 'Uncharted 4' Director Neil Druckmann on Nathan Drake, Sexism in Games
- See Radiohead Play 'Creep' Live For First Time in Seven Years
- Motley Crue's Tommy Lee: The Exit Interview
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party
- Summer 2016's 30 Hottest Tours
- Paul McCartney: 'I Was Depressed' After Beatles Split
- 10 Best 'Saturday Night Live' Sketches From Season 41