The San Diego rockers Delta Spirit sat down in Rolling Stone's Rock Room to talk about finding themselves in that "boys-to-men stage of our lives," as bassist Jon Jameson put it. Not that it's all serious stuff for this band: they also chatted about singer/guitarist Matthew Vasquez's tendency to let his mind wander, leaving California and the criteria needed if crowd-surfing became an Olympic sport. "The first category, because everyone's done it," points out guitarist/vocalist Will McLaren, "should be originality. So why are you going out into the crowd? What's your purpose? What are you doing differently?"
Delta Spirit on Growing Up While Goofing Off
Rockers also consider the possibility of Olympic crowd-surfing
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Behind Hozier's Unlikely Rise
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases