Dave Grohl's Sound City Players keep rolling, with the all-star jam session packing Hollywood Boulevard last night as part of a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Grohl and John Fogerty anchored a scorching version of the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Fortunate Son," trading verses and singing harmony on the chorus while Taylor Hawkins propelled the tune with a loose, rollicking backbeat. It was the latest in a growing string of gigs by the Sound City Players, who will also be performing at SXSW in Austin on March 14th. The group grew out Grohl's recent Sound City documentary, about the famed L.A. recording studio.
Dave Grohl, John Fogerty Lead Sound City Players on 'Kimmel'
Group burns through Creedence Clearwater song 'Fortunate Son'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- Watch OK Go Defy Gravity in 'Upside Down & Inside Out' Video
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs