Dave Grohl's Sound City Players keep rolling, with the all-star jam session packing Hollywood Boulevard last night as part of a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Grohl and John Fogerty anchored a scorching version of the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Fortunate Son," trading verses and singing harmony on the chorus while Taylor Hawkins propelled the tune with a loose, rollicking backbeat. It was the latest in a growing string of gigs by the Sound City Players, who will also be performing at SXSW in Austin on March 14th. The group grew out Grohl's recent Sound City documentary, about the famed L.A. recording studio.
Dave Grohl, John Fogerty Lead Sound City Players on 'Kimmel'
Group burns through Creedence Clearwater song 'Fortunate Son'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Music Megastars Team Up to Launch Streaming Service Tidal
- The Children of ISIS
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Inside Scientology
- Jay Z, Kanye, Rihanna Throw Support Behind Streaming Service Tidal
- Reba at 60: The Country Queen's Iconic Career in Photos