Dave Grohl's Sound City Players keep rolling, with the all-star jam session packing Hollywood Boulevard last night as part of a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Grohl and John Fogerty anchored a scorching version of the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Fortunate Son," trading verses and singing harmony on the chorus while Taylor Hawkins propelled the tune with a loose, rollicking backbeat. It was the latest in a growing string of gigs by the Sound City Players, who will also be performing at SXSW in Austin on March 14th. The group grew out Grohl's recent Sound City documentary, about the famed L.A. recording studio.
Dave Grohl, John Fogerty Lead Sound City Players on 'Kimmel'
Group burns through Creedence Clearwater song 'Fortunate Son'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Mental Floss12 Famous Actors Who Were Completely Cut From Movies
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
Screen RantTop 10 Most Violent TV Shows
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- Dez Bryant: The Survivor
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Watch Taylor Swift Sing 'Smelly Cat' With Lisa Kudrow at L.A. Show
- Watch Miley Cyrus Go Undercover, Report on Herself on 'Kimmel'
- N.W.A: American Gangstas
- Happy Birthday, 'Highway 61': Dylan's Weirdest, Funniest Album Turns 50
- 10 Great Stevie Ray Vaughan Tributes
- Russell Wilson: The Chosen One
- Macklemore, Ryan Lewis Tap Rap Vets for Outlandish 'Downtown' Video