Dave Grohl's Sound City Players keep rolling, with the all-star jam session packing Hollywood Boulevard last night as part of a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Grohl and John Fogerty anchored a scorching version of the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Fortunate Son," trading verses and singing harmony on the chorus while Taylor Hawkins propelled the tune with a loose, rollicking backbeat. It was the latest in a growing string of gigs by the Sound City Players, who will also be performing at SXSW in Austin on March 14th. The group grew out Grohl's recent Sound City documentary, about the famed L.A. recording studio.
Dave Grohl, John Fogerty Lead Sound City Players on 'Kimmel'
Group burns through Creedence Clearwater song 'Fortunate Son'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed the Bands They Made Famous
Bleacher ReportThe Best and Worst Cast Roles in 15 Great Sports Movies
Cracked20 Popular Songs Written by the Last Person You Expect
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss19 Famous People Who Started as Extras
- Ronda Rousey: The World's Most Dangerous Woman
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- 10 Completely Vile Things Rick Santorum Has Said
- My Favorite Grateful Dead Song: Dave Matthews, Black Keys and More
- Float Around: Photos From Nirvana's Underwater 'Nevermind' Shoot
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 20 Best Graduation Songs of the Last 20 Years
- 10 New Artists You Need to Know: May 2015