Before DJing at Rolling Stone's Escape From Indio party last night at the Coachella Festival, ?uestlove of the Roots told us about the philosophy behind his DJ sets. "My whole goal in doing these DJ gigs is to sort of trick people into learning something," he says. "It's easy, especially with the way technology is built now where anybody can be a DJ. If you want to rock a party, let's see you succeed playing Kermit the Frog. I'm definitely going to play Kermit the Frog in the first hour tonight."
Coachella 2011: ?uestlove Roots drummer shares his DJing philosophy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- Madonna on Stage Fall: 'It Was a Horrible Nightmare Because I Like to Be Amazing'
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Beyonce Fans Attack Kid Rock Online After Derogatory Comments