Before DJing at Rolling Stone's Escape From Indio party last night at the Coachella Festival, ?uestlove of the Roots told us about the philosophy behind his DJ sets. "My whole goal in doing these DJ gigs is to sort of trick people into learning something," he says. "It's easy, especially with the way technology is built now where anybody can be a DJ. If you want to rock a party, let's see you succeed playing Kermit the Frog. I'm definitely going to play Kermit the Frog in the first hour tonight."
Coachella 2011: ?uestlove Roots drummer shares his DJing philosophy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic