Brooklyn rockers Chappo sat down backstage at Bonnaroo to chat with Rolling Stone about the band's Craigslist origins, the benefit of commercial syncs, and their latest record, Moonwater. "We recorded in a makeshift studio up in Vermont," says frontman Alex Chappo. "We kind of hauled a bunch of our gear there and set up a satellite studio outside of New York. It was really cold, it was January, so daylight would end around 4 p.m., so we had to force ourself to try to get out to see a little sun. And then it would drop snow on us at night and we would record throughout the night."
Chappo Chat Craigslist, New Record at Bonnaroo
Brooklynites talk setting up a satellite studio in Vermont to record their debut 'Moonwater'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cinema Blend6 Big Questions Every Star Wars Fan Should Be Asking
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Classic Songs That Were Originally Creepy as Hell
SalonTop 10 Oral Sex Scenes
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Kid Cannabis: The Wild Rise and Violent Fall of a Teenage Weed Kingpin
- Willie Nelson: Why You Should Buy My Weed
- Ice Cube Talks 'Friday': ''Bye Felicia' Is Such a Throwaway Line'
- Motley Crue Reveal More Tour Dates, Talk New Stage Additions
- '10 Second Songs' Singer Feels Like a 'Rap God' in 40 Different Styles
- Rick Rubin on Wrestling and How Roddy Piper Turned the Beastie Boys Bad