Brooklyn rockers Chappo sat down backstage at Bonnaroo to chat with Rolling Stone about the band's Craigslist origins, the benefit of commercial syncs, and their latest record, Moonwater. "We recorded in a makeshift studio up in Vermont," says frontman Alex Chappo. "We kind of hauled a bunch of our gear there and set up a satellite studio outside of New York. It was really cold, it was January, so daylight would end around 4 p.m., so we had to force ourself to try to get out to see a little sun. And then it would drop snow on us at night and we would record throughout the night."
Chappo Chat Craigslist, New Record at Bonnaroo
Brooklynites talk setting up a satellite studio in Vermont to record their debut 'Moonwater'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- Suge Knight Arrested for Murder After Hit-and-Run
- The Australian Open: Serena Williams' Red Wedding
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Five Trailer: Snakes, Revenge, Beards
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' After 31-Year Absence
- Hear Kanye West, Drake and Big Sean Team Up for 'Blessings'