Brooklyn rockers Chappo sat down backstage at Bonnaroo to chat with Rolling Stone about the band's Craigslist origins, the benefit of commercial syncs, and their latest record, Moonwater. "We recorded in a makeshift studio up in Vermont," says frontman Alex Chappo. "We kind of hauled a bunch of our gear there and set up a satellite studio outside of New York. It was really cold, it was January, so daylight would end around 4 p.m., so we had to force ourself to try to get out to see a little sun. And then it would drop snow on us at night and we would record throughout the night."
Chappo Chat Craigslist, New Record at Bonnaroo
Brooklynites talk setting up a satellite studio in Vermont to record their debut 'Moonwater'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Foo Fighters Turn Strip Mall Into Stadium for Record Store Day
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'