Brooklyn rockers Chappo sat down backstage at Bonnaroo to chat with Rolling Stone about the band's Craigslist origins, the benefit of commercial syncs, and their latest record, Moonwater. "We recorded in a makeshift studio up in Vermont," says frontman Alex Chappo. "We kind of hauled a bunch of our gear there and set up a satellite studio outside of New York. It was really cold, it was January, so daylight would end around 4 p.m., so we had to force ourself to try to get out to see a little sun. And then it would drop snow on us at night and we would record throughout the night."
Chappo Chat Craigslist, New Record at Bonnaroo
Brooklynites talk setting up a satellite studio in Vermont to record their debut 'Moonwater'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- See August Burns Red's 'Ghosts' Video Featuring A Day to Remember Singer
- Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, the Weeknd Top AMA Nominations
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bob Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited' Album Cover
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny