Brooklyn rockers Chappo sat down backstage at Bonnaroo to chat with Rolling Stone about the band's Craigslist origins, the benefit of commercial syncs, and their latest record, Moonwater. "We recorded in a makeshift studio up in Vermont," says frontman Alex Chappo. "We kind of hauled a bunch of our gear there and set up a satellite studio outside of New York. It was really cold, it was January, so daylight would end around 4 p.m., so we had to force ourself to try to get out to see a little sun. And then it would drop snow on us at night and we would record throughout the night."
Chappo Chat Craigslist, New Record at Bonnaroo
Brooklynites talk setting up a satellite studio in Vermont to record their debut 'Moonwater'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- The Children of ISIS
- George Carlin's Website Relaunched With Rare Recordings
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split